Practice the values, techniques and relational skills needed to coach personal change, including accountability, feedback, learning from life, and building growth-centered relationships.
- Understand and be able to articulate and illustrate the ten Lifeforming core coaching values
- Understand and experience accountability, and value it as crucial to reaching one’s potential and finishing well
- Learn practical ways to foster change by providing S.E.A. (Support, Encouragement & Accountability) in an accountable relationship
- Understand and experience authenticity, and know how to create transparent, growth-centered relationships
- Know how to find, approach, and develop a covenant relationship with a coach, peer coach or a peer mentor for specific areas of life and how to make the relationship growth-oriented
- Learn to ask powerful coaching questions
- Develop effective listening skills
- Begin building a long-term pattern of feedback and debriefing into his or her leadership or ministry. Learn to give and receive timely, specific feedback
- Redefine Kingdom success and failure in terms of learning and growth
- Understand the G.R.O.W. (Goal, Reality, Options, Will) model and demonstrate ability to use it to structure a coaching conversation
Sample Session Audio
Use the mp3 player to listen to a sample from the Formation Track materials - "The Discipline of Reflection" by Tony Stoltzfus (Session 1) | Download mp3 »
Recommended Additional Reading
The Making of a Leader by J. Robert Clinton (available for purchase at amazon.com)
See calendars on the student resources page.